Data Backup - Local and Online
G Wiz Computer Consulting has partnered with Backblaze, an online backup company that offers the high level of service and expertise that we want to provide to our customers. We have been working with them since the summer of 2013. We are very excited to offer their expertise in online backup to our customers. Click here to download your free 15 day trial and start backing up your data today.
How does it work?
- Backblaze backup software is installed locally on each of your computers that you want backed up.
- Backblaze backs up almost all of your data. You get an unlimited amount of storage space on their servers. Unlimited means unlimited, you do not have to worry about picking and choosing what to backup. There is no risk that there is data that you did not set up to backup.
- They do not backup your operating system, application folder, or temporary internet files that are transient and would not be useful in the future. Backblaze also excludes podcasts in iTunes. What is and is not backed up?
- Backblaze keeps up to 30 days of file versions. Modified a file and need an old version? Just scroll back and pick a file from any point in the last 30 days.
- Your data is encrypted on your computer before it is sent over the Internet to the Backblaze servers.
- Free tech support via email with guaranteed response within 24 hours.
- If there is an urgent issue, we have contacts at Backblaze that we can call to get faster support if needed.
- Robust monitoring of problems and backup trends that will let you know of any issues with your backup and your data.
- If Backblaze can’t communicate with a your computer for 14 days, they will start sending you emails.
- Backblaze backs up the internal and external drives that you’ve selected. If they can’t communicate with one of those drives for 14 days they will start sending you emails.
- Backblaze will send each Backblaze account owner a Backup Summary email. You can choose how often you wish to receive this email: monthly, weekly, or not-at-all.
In the event that you need your backed up data restored, you can retrieve your data with any of the following options.
- iPhone App: With the Backblaze Mobile app you can download your backed up files from any of your backed up computers to your iPhone. Simply sign into the iPhone application and pick any of your photos, music or documents to download. You can share a photo on Facebook. Preview a Word Doc. Listen to a song. Backblaze ties into the power of your iPhone to open almost any downloaded file with the app of your choice.
- Download Zip File. You will receive an email once your files are ready to restore. Your files will be put into a zip format and available for download. This option is free.
- USB Flash Drive (Up to 128 GB). Your files will be sent on a USB Flash Drive. (You will receive a drive large enough to contain your data). Cost is $99 for FedEx Overnight shipping and you keep the flash drive. You can keep the restore drive, or send it back to Backblaze within 30 days for a refund.
- USB Hard Drive (Up to 4 TB). Your files will be sent on an external USB hard drive. (You will receive a drive large enough to contain your data.) Cost is $189 for FedEx Overnight shipping and you keep the hard drive. You can keep the restore drive, or send it back to Backblaze within 30 days for a refund.
- Monthly Plan: $5 per month per computer
- Yearly Plan: Pay $50 once per year per computer (about $4.17 a month)
- Two Year Plan: Pay $95 once every two years per computer (about $3.96 a month)
Backblaze charges you directly and requires a credit card at time of purchase. Plans will automatically be re-billed to your credit card each month, year, or every two years depending on the plan for which you signed up. For 1-year and 2-year plans, they will attempt to send an email ahead of time to remind you that your renewal is coming up.